Neck spasms are uncomfortable events where the neck muscles involuntarily contract. They get hard and are painful. The causes of these spasms can be related to a previous injury, physical exertion, or some can occur due to medication side effects. This condition is not usually serious, but can be if the spasms are affecting a nerve and compressing that nerve, which can cause of loss of sensation in the limbs or loss of balance.
There are all-natural things you can do to help alleviate the frequency and severity of the neck spasms that are being encountered.
- Heat/Ice – This combination of temperature therapy can help with relieving muscle pain and tension. The cold will relieve inflammation in the neck and the heat will stimulate blood flow to the area to help heal the site of damage or strain. This can help limit the frequency and severity of neck spasms.
- Over-the-counter medicine – Anti-inflammatory drugs, like ibuprofen, to help reduce inflammation in the neck area, which may be the cause of the neck spasms. Unfortunately, some individuals cannot take these type of drugs, because of interference with other medications or even allergies to the drug itself.
- Massage – Gentle massage can stimulate blood flow and allow that site to heal properly. The massage will release tension stored in strained muscles and alleviate pain associated with this tension. It is also a great stress reliever that can truly get your body to relax.
- Adjustments – A chiropractor may be a great idea to ensure that your neck and spine are in alignment. They can use a variety of techniques to help with your condition. They can consult with you to determine the best course of action to treat your neck spasms.
- Supplements – There are supplements that can help heal the muscle tension and spasms that may be occurring in your neck. One such supplement is called Formula 303 by Dee Cee Labs. This homeopathic remedy has many natural ingredients that help to ease muscle spasms. It has valerian root, passiflora, and magnesium carbonate.
How Do Ingredients in Formula 303 Help Spasm?
- Valerian root – This natural plant, that is native to Europe and Asia, is not new to the herbal world. It has been used for centuries as an aid for insomnia. Its natural relaxing properties makes it essential to this formula. It is also a natural remedy for stress and anxiety.
- Passiflora – This is also known as passion flower and it is a miraculous ingredient that helps with stress, tension, and anxiety. It works as a natural aphrodisiac, tranquilizer, and anti-anxiety.
- Magnesium – This natural mineral is needed for over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body. It is pivotal in the muscle contraction and relaxation pathway, which is why it is so integral in this blend.
Chiropractors also recommend this product and believe that it helps to alleviate the tension and stress that is common in neck spasm sufferers. This product has been used for decades and manufactured by DC Labs. It is vegetarian in its formula makeup. It is also all-natural and will not cause any cross-reaction with other medications.