Lower back pain can come from a variety of issues. Muscle strain can come after strenuous activity, a sudden movement, of from lifting a heavy object. This strain can be an issue that affects your future health.
Back Pain Symptoms
Some back pain symptoms include stiffness upon waking or staying in one position for an extended period of time. Other symptoms include muscle spasms, soreness upon touch, achy and dull pain, and pain that moves through the thigh and buttock region. These symptoms can make it difficult to perform everyday tasks like walking, sitting, and standing.
Lower Back Pain Causes
Some causes of this lower back pain include obesity, which puts undo pressure and weight on the spine. Other causes are scoliosis (curvature of the spine), spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spine), disc tear, and spondylolisthesis (normal wear and tear as we age). There may also be an injury that occurs that causes a strain on the muscles in the back.
Home Remedies for Back Pain
There are certain things you can do to eliminate your risk for lower back pain. Some of these tasks and lifestyle changes are necessary to ensure that you give your back a break.
- Stop Smoking – Smoking causes your health to decrease and studies show that smokers have a third more likely chance of developing lower back pain than those who are non-smokers. Smoking actually causes decreased blood supply to the capillaries of the discs in the back making them more susceptible to degeneration.
- Posture – Make sure to use good posture during your daily activities. Lift with your knees and not your back to prevent an injury from occurring. Good posture maintains the backs normal curves and prevents the spine from being put into awkward positions that make it more prone to injury.
- Strengthen muscles – Take time to build your core muscles. Many people don’t realize that your abdominal muscles are what help to support your back, so strong core muscles can help strengthen your back. Staying in shape and stretching regularly will ensure that your body is limber and that you don’t pull anything or strain muscles doing everyday activities.
- Chiropractor – See your local chiropractor and see if an adjustment can help alleviate the symptoms you may be experiencing. Their experience can remedy the pain you are feeling in your back and provide serious relief.
- Supplements – Use a chiropractor recommended product called Formula 303 by DC Labs. This all-natural, homeopathic supplement is made with valerian root, magnesium, and passion flower. Many call it a natural muscle relaxant. It helps to provide relief from insomnia, muscle spasms, tension, anxiety, and even stress. This product can provide relief from your lower back pain and give a sense of peace without the side effects of prescription medication.
Lower back pain can truly be a pain to deal with in your life. If you are having trouble walking, standing, and functioning in your life it can affect your job and your personal life. Many people with bad backs will stop activity and exercise in their life due to their bad back and this can be even more damaging. Exercise and stretching can truly improve the symptoms of a bad back, especially if you are strengthening the core which supports the back. Using supplements to ease muscle tension can also ease many of the symptoms you are experiencing.