Keep Your Muscles Healthy
Keeping our muscles healthy and functioning is important for all aspects of our life. It is also pretty important that we can walk and get through the day to day that life requires. Muscles can be overused and over extended during their use and it is imperative that we ensure they are kept healthy.
Here are some tips that may just keep you functioning at your best.
- Vitamin D – One of the main deficiencies that can cause muscle injury involves vitamin D. Vitamin D is responsible for muscle health involving protein synthesis and electrolyte balance. If electrolytes are imbalanced, your muscles can fatigue early and be the cause of a muscle injury. Vitamin D is essential to bone and teeth health. This vitamin is also critical to the health of your muscles. It can ensure that electrolytes are balanced and muscles are not fatigued.
- Exercise Tips – Obviously, exercising is a great way to keep your muscles strong and healthy. There are proper ways to exercise that can keep your muscles free from injury. One of the most important steps is to warm up and stretch before you work out. This will warm up the muscles and prevent injury or strains from occurring. You should also consider cross training when you work out. Don’t overuse a certain muscle group and not allow a rest day for it to heal. Every time you work out, you are tearing muscle fibers that will need some time to heal. If you consistently run and never give your legs a break, they will suffer from overuse and an injury may occur. Cooling down and allowing your muscles to relax and recover is also a great way to ease out of exercise and lower your heart rate in a responsible manner.
- Hydrate – Muscles need to stay hydrated to function properly. Electrolyte balance is necessary for muscles to contract and do their job. When working out you should pre-hydrate with around 20 ounces of water around two to three hours before strenuous exercise. You should also ingest the same amount of water during post workouts.
- Strength Training– To keep muscles healthy and strong they need to be strength trained to help with performance and stable muscle form. Getting control over your muscles and their range of movement and stability will help you in all aspects of your life. Muscle control and strength can help you in sports and also help you in fine motor skills.
- Supplement – Keep your muscles at ease and relaxed when not in use. Use products like Formula 303, which can provide muscle tension release and relaxation. This natural muscle relaxant by DC Lab uses the power of valerian root, passion flower, and magnesium to create a peaceful environment for your entire body. It not only helps with muscle relaxation, but also insomnia. It can also help with cramping and spasms that can hold you back. This all-natural product can help your body and not interact with any medications you may be prescribed.